Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) Metro Station
Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ) metro station provides vital connectivity to cargo and logistics companies operating within its busy dedicated economic district near Dubai International Airport. Located on the Red Line, it links employees to jobs while connecting tourists to Dubai’s top aviation attractions. Check the the Dubai metro map 2024.
Overview of Dubai Airport Free Zone
Dubai Airport Free Zone was established in 1996, spanning over 2,300 hectares. It aims to enable aviation, freight and logistics firms to setup and expand across purpose-built facilities from offices to aircraft hangars with tax exemptions.
DAFZ today houses over 1,600 companies including leading names like FedEx Express, DHL and Emirates Skycargo. The zone contains the region’s largest single-site logistics hub. Projects underway aim to drive future growth including expanded cargo operations.
The nearby Dubai International Airport passenger terminals already handle over 89 million travelers annually, moving to accommodate 118 million flyers per year over coming years.
Dubai Airport Free Zone Metro Station Details
To serve commuting employees and connect tourists to the airport, a dedicated station lies within DAFZ. Details include:
- Located centrally within Dubai Airport Free Zone
- Opened along with initial stretch of Dubai Metro Red Line in 2010
- Link from terminal 3 and airport free zone exhibition centers
- Served by both 6-car and 3-car trains in both directions
- Features park and ride facilities next to station
- Footbridges allow pedestrian access across busy highways
- Easy connections to Emirates HQ and Al Maktoum International
Accessing Aviation Attractions
The station provides convenient access allowing visitors to explore DAFZ aviation and logistics attractions through the pedestrian footbridge links. Key sites in easy reach encompass:
Dubai Aviation Exhibition Center
- Venue for aviation trade fairs and conferences
- Dubai Airshow site displaying latest industry innovations
Dubai International Airport Viewing Decks
- Located atop airport terminals with aircraft spotting views
- Background on Dubai’s aviation history
Emirates Group Headquarters
- Home of Emirates Airlines and dnata flight services
- Aviation industry visitor center
So from cargo operations to passenger terminals, DAFZ station enables plane-spotting enthusiasts, business visitors and tourists atransit link to aircraft action.
Riding the Metro
Employees can rely on swift metro rail connections to offices within the zone while tourists can budget time and transit cost-effectively from Dubai Airport or Emirates Headquarters area hotels using the metro.
Key aspects for riders include:
- Red line trains operating 5am to midnight, Saturday to Wednesday
- Arrivals every 10 minutes generally during peak times
- NOL Cards for best rechargeable fare rates from 2 to 7 dhr
Key Benefits of Metro Access
Choosing metro transit proffers numerous advantages:
- Swiftly Links Airport Terminals including T3
- Bypasses Traffic and Airport Road Congestion
- Budget-Friendly Travel Option
- Connectivity Across Dubai districts
- Family-Friendly Transit Choice from Airport Area Hotels/Attractions
So for clean, pleasant connections, the metro keeps commuting cargo crews moving and enables tourists easy rides across extensive Dubai aviation sights from this dedicated station within a zone focused on future flight.
In essence, Dubai Airport Free Zone Station delivers vital transit not just for logistic operators and supply chain specialists but also tourists and train enthusiasts seeking to experience extensive Dubai aviation and aerospace offerings. Using quick pleasant commuter rail connections from here allows bypassing traffic to freely navigate between cargo and terminal complexes that keep Dubai’s economy soaring.